As the Surbiton High Sixth Form Classical Society, we are delighted to invite you to:
‘An Evening in Athens’ on 7th October 2017 from 5pm-9pm at Surbiton Girls’ Prep School.
In a secluded part of our school lie, partially concealed by a cupboard, a series of plaster casts of the west frieze of the Parthenon. Our aim is to raise enough money to restore the casts to their full glory (they are suffering under layers of paint and splatters of ink) and to relocate them to an area of the school where their significant historical value could be appreciated by everyone.
As such, on Saturday 7th October 2017 we are hosting ‘An Evening in Athens’ at Surbiton Girls’ Prep School with the aim to raise the funds required.
It promises to be an enjoyable evening and will feature:
- our wonderful speakers Dr Daisy Dunn, Dr Emily Hauser, and Professor Catharine Edwards
- sketching classes led by eminent artist Paul Fearn, who will also be selling his original work and prints
- book signings
- the opportunity to buy bespoke jewellery created by art students
- a raffle
- an exhibition about the Parthenon
Tickets, which will be available to buy at the door, include access to all the evening’s activities. We would also be more than happy to discuss discounted prices with school groups or large family groups.
Tickets are priced as followed:
– Adults: £8
– Seniors (65+), Teens (13-18), Students with ID: £7
– Children (8-12): £6
– Family Deal (up to 4 people, at least 2 children/teens): £25
Children under 8 may enter free of charge.
More information about the casts and the event can also be found on our website (classicalsocietysurbiton.wordpress.com) and Twitter account (@cssparthenon).
Spontaneous visitors are of course more than welcome too and the event will operate on a ‘drop-in’ basis.