Teacher of Latin
Start date: September 2018
Closing date: 31 May 2018 at 10:00am
Pimlico Academy, part of Future Academies, seeks an experienced, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher to join our Classics Department and develop and promote Latin across the whole school. The Classics Department is a collaborative and experienced team. Latin is taught to all pupils at KS3 and is offered at GCSE and A level. The team also offers Ancient History at GCSE and A level. This is an opportunity for an individual with vision and ambition to inspire and enthuse students to enhance their interest in Latin and make the subject accessible and enjoyable.
At Pimlico Academy we are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students. It is a dynamic and demanding school and one where students and staff are exceptionally well supported.
We can offer you:
- A supportive, cohesive and very purposeful environment.
- The opportunity to work within an innovative and ambitious family of schools.
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and hardworking pupils.
- High quality facilities with excellent resources.
- Excellent CPD.
- A location easily accessible by train, tube and bus.
The successful applicant for this post will be expected to:
- Teach across all key stages
- Contribute to the development of existing resources and new initiatives
- Secure outstanding attainment and progress at all key stages.
- Provide extra-curricular support for pupils to ensure outstanding achievement and progress for exam groups and promote enjoyment and participation in the subject for non-exam groups.
- Show flexibility, innovation and intelligence in responding to the needs of the pupils and Academy as a whole.
The right person for the job will be:
- Passionate about Latin and have excellent academic qualifications and thorough subject knowledge.
- Able to contribute to the development of the curriculum and have a vision for Latin enrichment
- Able to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject.
- A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to work within a team.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Committed to wider school life and be willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Pimlico Academy, Lupus Street London SW1V 3AT