ANCIENT HISTORY TEACHER AT PIMLICO PRIMARY
A unique opportunity to teach ancient history at an Ofsted-rated ‘Outstanding’ primary school in central London.
WHO WE ARE
Pimlico Primary is an Ofsted-rated ‘Outstanding’ state primary school in the heart of Westminster in central London. We are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) which includes three primary schools and four secondary schools in and around London. Our Trust is very unusual in that we subject-specialise at primary level, meaning that our primary children are taught by several different subject experts, as they would be in the private sector. Furthermore, our Trust is unique in that we prioritise Classics very highly: our children receive three ancient history lessons and two Latin lessons per week from the age of seven. Pimlico Primary serves children from the most socially deprived communities: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking bright, passionate and socially-minded individuals. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- A strong academic record with a 2:1 degree or above from Oxford or Cambridge or another leading university.
- Great passion for their subject.
- The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools.
- An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives. Our Trust’s motto is libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept.
- We welcome applications from secondary teachers and from unqualified applicants.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- The opportunity to teach your subject and only your subject. Unlike other state primary schools, we expect our teachers to be experts in their subject and only in their subject, and we offer teachers the opportunity to further explore their love for their subject and to deepen their subject knowledge.
- Fast career progression. Because we reward subject knowledge rather than length of service, our teachers can quickly take up great responsibility, leading a department, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
- The chance to make a difference to children’s lives. Pimlico Primary serves children from the most socially deprived communities: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
HOW TO APPLY
We will be reviewing applications as they come in and reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.