HEAD OF CLASSICS
Required for September 2022
(MPS/UPS + LFA + TLR 2b)
An enthusiastic and committed teacher to lead an important department in a school offering excellence within the state sector.
The post would be equally suitable for an exceptional new entrant to the profession or a more experienced teacher looking for significant amounts of Sixth Form teaching in one of the largest sixth forms in the country where Latin and Classics are popular subjects.
Dartford Grammar School is one of the highest performing schools nationally at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5, with excellent facilities designated as ’outstandingly successful’ in successive national and international inspections. All students at Dartford Grammar School take 2 languages to GCSE. The ability to teach Latin across all Key Stages and a willingness to be an active participant in the extra-curricular life of the school are important.
We are keen to hear from you if you are:
- an excellent classroom practitioner who is passionate about classical languages
- committed to raising achievement, transforming learning and inspiring students
- well-organised, proactive and able to work effectively as part of a team
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to inspire highly able and well-motivated students to fulfil and exceed their potential
- a dynamic and supportive working environment
- a well-established Induction Programme
- opportunities for professional development
Please use the contact details below if you would like the opportunity to tour the school or to meet the current Head of Department before making an application.
For further details please contact the school (telephone: 01322 223039; fax: 01322 291426; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return a completed application form, to the Headmaster, Mr J C Metcalf, Dartford Grammar School, West Hill, Dartford, Kent DA1 2HW.
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd February 2022
Interview date to be confirmed. The school may interview early in the case of an exceptional candidate.