NOWER HILL HIGH SCHOOL
‘An outstanding school’
Roll: 2020 (1620 + 400 in an A level 6th Form)
HEAD OF CLASSICS
TLR 2b (£4,792 per annum) – Outer London pay scale
January 2022 start. Full time.
Nower Hill High School is a fantastic place to work and develop as a teacher. We’d love you to come and join us!
We require an outstanding teacher of Classics who is also a dynamic and innovative leader to join our strong and successful Faculty of Linguistic and Cultural Studies. We offer:
- A talented and innovative department of 5 specialist teachers
- Oracy taught to all Year 7 students; Classical Civilisation and Latin offered at GCSE and A Level; Ancient History at GCSE; and extra-curricular Ancient Greek offered at GCSE and A-Level
- Wide range of extra-curricular activities and visits, including overseas residential trips
- Strong connections with other Classics departments
- Students who are a pleasure to teach
- A strong culture of professional development
- Supportive leadership team
- Excellent facilities
- A heavily oversubscribed school with high standards and high expectations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who aspires to be or is currentlya successful middle leader.
Please visit our website for full details and to download an Application Form:
Closing date: 9am on Monday 20th September 2021
Nower Hill High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon an enhanced criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service; a prohibition from teaching check (teachers only); satisfactory references; the right to work in the UK; and a satisfactory health check. The School is an equal opportunities employer.