We are seeking to appoint a Teacher in Charge of Classics (part time) from January 2020 and we encourage applications from those currently working in either the independent or state sector. We have a growing number of staff who have chosen to make the move to the independent sector, attracted by a school in which girls are eager to learn in a high quality environment where academic excellence is valued alongside opportunities to develop the whole person. We are also accepting applications from candidates who are looking for more temporary work.
Manor House School is nestled in seventeen acres of magical gardens, woodlands and sports fields that makes our beautiful school a very special place to learn and grow. The magnificent manor house, complemented with state of the art facilities, is brought alive by the creative and positive energy of the pupils who choose to learn here.
- Access to great support and facilities including an iPad to support teaching and learning
- Enthusiastic and intelligent pupils who enjoy learning
- Excellent standards of classroom behaviour
- Favourable school holidays
- Well-resources professional development programme
- Access to our tennis courts and outdoor pool
- Well-being programme including access to a 24 hour employee assistance service
Reporting to the Head of Humanities the Teacher in Charge of Classics will be accountable for pupil progress and development to deliver an appropriately balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for all, which is exciting and far-reaching.
Teaching & Learning
- Develop, implement and take responsibility for the whole subject and curriculum
- Teach an appropriate lesson load, as appropriate to skills and qualifications to the needs of the curriculum
- To encourage pupils to pursue Latin and Classical Civilisation courses in post 16 places of study
- To assess and monitor pupil progress, taking action if intervention is required
- To organise and oversee a club and revision classes
- Create and maintain a positive environment, which secures good teaching, effective learning, high standards of attainment and good discipline across the department
- Contribute to and promote the development of a positive school ethos and achievement of the seven school values
- Contribute to the extra-curricular programme offering a least one club per term
- Perform additional duties and tasks required for the effective operation of the school as directed by the Senior Leadership Team.
Please contact Miss E Rose on email email@example.com for a full application pack and further information.
All staff take the responsibility for the Health and welfare of all pupils, mandatory training is necessary.