Dates & Times
Saturday 3rd – 31st October 2020 (5 weeks) | Saturdays from 13:00-14:00 BST via Zoom.
A fun, fast-paced and supportive introduction to Latin based on the current GCSE language component (OCR). This Saturday course will provide a great foundation for students interested in learning or revising Latin alongside their main studies, building the tools for self-study and gaining an insight into the language, mythology and history of ancient Rome.
Who is it suitable for?
- Complete beginners and those keen to revise the basics.
- Students interested in language learning or the ancient world in general, who have not previously had the chance to study Latin.
- Students interested in working towards GCSE-level Latin independently.
- Students looking for an alternative to one-to-one private tuition.
Concession rate for school/university students: £50 (5 x 1 hour).
Students can enrol here (deadline: Wednesday 23rd September 2020).
4 Funded Places for students who meet some, or all, of the eligibility criteria:
- Student attends, and has always attended, a non-selective UK state school or college.
- Student has not previously had the chance to study GCSE Latin on-timetable.
- Student would be the first in their immediate family to attend university.
- Student has been eligible for free school meals at secondary school.
Interested students should simply note that they are applying for a funded place on the enrolment form.